As from November 2018 visits at Pembroke RO will be suspended pending ongoing works.
Pembroke R. O. Plant
Pembroke Reverse Osmosis Plant is a 55,000 m3 per day seawater reverse osmosis plant. This plant was built in 1993. The process involves the use of very high pressures to enable the production of potable water from sea water.
For more information regarding the visits, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions:
- The Water Services Corporation offers educational visits to the following locations: Ta’ Barkat Sewage Treatment Plant in Xgħajra and the Reverse Osmosis plant in Pembroke.
- Visits at Pembroke and Ta’ Barkat are held on Friday mornings ONLY. These are subject to availability and must be booked beforehand.
- Groups must be no larger than 30 people per session. If a group is more than 30 people, 2 sessions must be booked.
- School children must be Year 5 students or older for a visit at Pembroke Reverse Osmosis Plant
- People visiting the Ta’ Barkat Sewage Treatment Plant must be 16 years old or older.
- Children must be accompanied by 1 adult for every 15 children.
- Queries about the visits and bookings should be sent to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
- Booking must be made at least 3 weeks prior to the visit.
- For safety reasons persons wearing sandals, flip flops or high heels will not be permitted on the premises.