The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of Laboratory Technicians on Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 6 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
• To perform and ensure that sampling is carried out according to the Standard Operating Procedures and in line with the sampling programme as defined by Senior laboratory Management.
• To carry out duties in the field and any tests and measurements as directed and according to the relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
• To register samples.
• To test chemical and bacteriological parameters in samples according to the Standard Operating Procedures and as directed by Senior laboratory staff.
• To record and calculate results.
• To prepare and test reagents, media, standards and other solutions as required and as directed in the relevant Standard Operating Procedures and to update the relevant records and forms.
• To operate, calibrate and maintain laboratory apparatus in the appropriate condition as instructed in the relevant Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures and to update their records.
• To maintain all necessary records, forms, registers and other laboratory documentation as deemed necessary by senior laboratory staff.
• To monitor and maintain stock levels of laboratory items and consumables.
• To assist the Laboratory Scientists in special investigations and research projects and to participate actively in the running of the Laboratory.
• To assist in training of staff.
• To undergo any kind of training related to his/her work either that organized by the Laboratory or IWT or by any other external institution.
• To ensure good Laboratory Practice at all times and abidance with all established Health and Safety criteria.
• To perform other Laboratory related work including the work of Assistant Laboratory Technician as may be necessary and as instructed by the Laboratory Manager or the Director of IWT and which might include driving a vehicle.
• For taking due care and diligence in carrying out the duties and in using the entrusted equipment.
• To follow an approved IWT dress code (uniform).
• To show examplary behaviour which includes abidance by the rules and regulations of the Laboratory and the IWT.
The selected candidates shall, for the period during which they are performing such duties, be accountable to the Laboratory Manager / Senior Technician. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of a:
• Recognised Qualification in Biology or Chemistry or other science-related subject at MQF Level 4 or higher.
• 2 years’ experience would be considered an asset.
Applications are to be sent to the
Human Resources Department,
Water Services Corporation,
Qormi Road, Luqa,
firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 22nd May 2020.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)