Vacancy for Professional Officer – Media Engagement, Business Promotion & Events
Jobsplus Permit Number 155/2020
The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking the services of a Professional Officer – Media Engagement, Business Promotion & Events on Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 12 months.
- The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- To assist in the running of the public relations office focusing in particular on strengthening the media relationship and the corporate image of the Corporation especially internationally.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, keynote presentations and parliamentary questions and manage the distribution thereof.
- Keep contact with Local and International media.
- Coordinating all public relations activities including those involving the Media and represent the Corporation in such activities when and if so required to do so by the direct superior.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Create, manage, monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Organize and manage events.
- Ensure that the ISO standards adopted by the company are adhered to in all projects / work embarked upon.
- Developing effective corporate communication strategies.
- Managing internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Drafting content (e.g. press releases) for mass media, company website, or social media.
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences.
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Co-ordinate with other Directorates in the Corporation and guarantee a close connection between the different working teams in line with the company’s goals.
- To participate actively and provide necessary advice and support in the projects the WSC participates in.
- Engage in business promotion strategies and devise pertinent strategies.
- Organize and manage events related to the brands of the Corporation.
- To carry out other related duties that may be assigned on occasions by Section Head / CEO.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Degree in Business / Management from a recognised University or a comparable professional qualification at Level 6 or higher before the end of the current year 2020.
The incumbent must also be in possession of a clean Police Conduct.
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or email@example.com by not later than Monday 16th March, 2020.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)