Vacancy for Operations Manager Civil & Maintenance
The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of Operations Manager Civil & Maintenance on Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 12 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
• To supervise and direct his subordinates and to ensure that these perform their duties efficiently and diligently.
• To ensure that all outstations and sites under his responsibility are meticulously maintained and abide by the necessary health and safety requisites.
• To ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Region under his responsibility.
• To ensure the up-to-date maintenance of the ISO process manual of the Water Operations Unit.
• Should assist in specialized project tasks as and when directed by his superior and possess strong communication skills to deal with other unit key-people in enforcing tight task deadlines.
• To deal directly with local and foreign suppliers in the supply of specialized equipment used by the Civil and Maintenance Section
• To co-ordinate the procedures to ensure that all safety wear provided by the Corporation is regularly issued and used.
• Should be prepared to be flexible in the execution of office-based work, as well as on-site work pertinent to assigned tasks as directed by his superior.
• To undertake extensive formal and / or on-the -job training programmes as authorized by the Corporation in related fields of activities such as supervisory skills, managerial skills, Telemetry, GIS, Health & Safety, First Aid, Software applications (job-related) etc.
• Must always be reachable by phone and shall even be required to be on site after office hours should unforeseen emergencies develop.
• Be able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• To drive a vehicle
• To prepare timely reports as requested by ones’ superior.
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he is performing such duties, be accountable to the Architect (Civil Works – Compliance & Support).
Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be well versed with civil works, construction techniques and methodologies, civil maintenance systems and the challenges such a dynamic environment brings about.
Applicants shall be in possession of a VET Diploma or hold four (4) years’experience related to the Job Description.
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or email@example.com by not later than Friday 20th September, 2019.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)