The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of Electricians on a Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 6 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- Monitor and constantly strive to improve the quality of work performed and to ensure that efficient and effective maintenance strategies are adopted for all plants and equipment.
- Be productive, show interest and have pride in the work.
- Be conscious of work practices and ethics and the importance of Health and Safety.
- Relate and liaise with other WSC sections and other organisations relevant to the work.
- Safeguard and protect the interests and assets of the Corporation and ensure plant and equipment integrity and safety.
- Participate actively in training courses under the direction of the Institute of Water Technology.
- Make the most efficient use of all assigned resources.
- Carry out installations and maintenance work on Plant equipment and other projects in accordance with company requirements and as directed.
- Carry out general work in preparation for electrical installations such as laying of cable trays, cable sleeves and wall trenching.
- Work on site-related activities such as but not limited to, working underground, inside manhole chambers or trenches, at heights on scaffolding, ladders or cherry picker trucks, transporting tools, using hand and power tools and other equipment as required.
- Represent the organisation at all times by maintaining effective communication with colleagues and superiors.
- Comply to Health and Safety regulations as per company and government standards and make good use of protective equipment and clothing provided.
- Report to the Senior Electrician / Operations Manager on all matters concerning his / her duties.
- Assist in the activities to meet the objectives and targets set.
- Follow policies, procedures and strategies devised to ensure efficient and effective maintenance.
- Become thoroughly familiar with treatment plants’ technology and equipment installed.
- Drive a vehicle provided by the Corporation as of and when required and maintain the same vehicle in good working order.
- Carry out any other duties related to the respective section as may be reasonably directed by the Senior Electrician / Operations Manager.
- Keep proper records, manually or electronically of all work done and submit timely reports related to equipment performance and works carried out as instructed by the superiors.
- Ensure the efficient and effective installation and maintenance of all power and control equipment within plants including treatment systems operated by WSC for third parties.
- Ensure that all maintenance works are carried out according to the instructions manual/procedures and guidelines given to keep equipment operating at the best levels of efficiency.
- Collect and evaluate necessary data concerning equipment performance.
- Carry out instrumentation configuration and calibration activities.
- Interpret, analyse and take any action deemed appropriate to ensure the effective operation of the plant.
- Conduct tests on all equipment used in treatment plants.
- Carry out any maintenance activity or upgrade of plants (manufacturing and installation) as requested by the Senior Electrician/Operations Manager.
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he / she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Senior Electrician and / or Operations Manager. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of a:
- A Diploma at MQF Level 4 related to the job or;
- An MQF Level 3 coupled with two (2) years of related work experience.
- Or three (3) years of related work experience.
- Be in possession of Electricians’ Licences A & B and preferably have substantial experience in installation and maintenance of low and medium voltage electrical installations as well as experience on control systems and instrument calibrations.
- Be computer literate.
- Be in possession of a valid driving license B.
- Be in possession of clean police conduct, not older than six months from the date of application.
Jobsplus Permit number: 648/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or email@example.com by not later than Tuesday 14th June 2022.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)