Jobsplus Permit number: 356/2021
The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of an Enforcement Inspector on Full-Time basis, for a Definite period of three years.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
• To carry out surprise inspections on trading sewer discharge systems, including industrial, agricultural and catering and others to check for compliance to SL 545.08 and other Legal Notices or regulations as instructed by the Managing Professional – Discharge Permit Unit;
• To carry out pre-inspection surveys in areas and zones as directed;
• To carry out all functions necessary to discover any potential problems from such sewer discharge systems;
• To carry out other functions made necessary for the successful follow-through of potential cases;
• Pipe chasing, opening wastewater manholes and check for any stoppages and blockages;
• To collect wastewater samples following laboratory quality procedures, undertake site investigations and gather evidence when and as necessary;
• To liaise with Police, Health, MTA, ERA and Court Officials, prepare reports and give evidence in Court or in legal proceedings whenever necessary;
• To compile full, correct and timely reports on case findings, inspection reports as well as any other necessary paperwork involved including the monitoring and reporting of KPIs;
• To lead and form part of Inspection and Enforcement Teams as assigned by the Managing Professional – Discharge Permitting;
• To process application fee payments, issue of receipts and updating of electronic records;
• To update and maintain the DPU database and individual files;
• To understand and accept instructions and administer the same to the post.
• To drive a vehicle when and as necessary;
• To receive, process and keep track of discharge permit applications & related documentation, permit renewals and correspondence with applicants;
• To prepare and approve Public Sewer Discharge Permits as authorised by the Managing Professional – Discharge Permitting;
• To anticipate problems relating to compliance to SL 545.08 and take action to prevent or resolve them and to work with minimum supervision;
• To be loyal, discreet and diplomatic and to avoid personal prejudices and discriminatory behaviour;
• To develop inspection plans on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis as required;
• To use and maintain monitoring, sampling, testing and other associated equipment in accordance to associated instructions and to keep such instrumentation in good working condition;
• To attend training courses when and as necessary;
• To exercise due care and diligence in the execution of his duties and in the use of tools, equipment and vehicle entrusted to him/her;
• To be flexible, adapting to fluctuating workloads and to respond positively when situations change unexpectedly;
• To follow an approved dress code;
• To ensure that Health and Safety regulations and PPE are adhered to at all times by self and his/her subordinates;
• To safeguard the interests of the Corporation;
• To abide and thoroughly work with ISO quality procedures and work instructions;
• To maintain strict confidentiality in carrying out his/her duties;
• To work overtime as an when required depending on work exigencies;
• To participate in EU funded projects and related activities;
• To contribute to the work of the section by supporting the objectives of the Distribution and Networks Directorate;
• To carry out any other inspections and work as directed by the Chief Officer – Distribution and Networks or his/her delegate.
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he / she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Managing Professional. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of either:
a) MQF Level 4 coupled with two (2) years’ experience; or
b) Five (5) years’ relevant experience.
Applicants must be in possession of a valid driving licence.
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Wednesday 31st July 2021
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)