The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking the services of a Professional officer – Senior BI Analyst on a Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 12 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- Understand Business requirements, make suggestions and translate data into conceivable reports and dashboards employing tools as dictated by the industry and SI standards.
- Must be able to fully comprehend the mechanisms, processes and technologies behind an ERP Solution and BI.
- Understand and report data in a spatial matter for Geographic representation of data.
- Analyse existing BI reports, Dashboards and backend processes and suggest improvements.
- Manage upgrades, modifications, maintenance and troubleshooting of all BI systems.
- Design, develop, test and implement data warehouse systems for BI reporting and analysis.
- Make sure the development is using the latest standards set by the industry and the Management.
- Research new technologies related to BI, Data warehouse, data science, spatial data and statistics.
- Maintain and ensure minimal downtime across all deployed systems.
- Document the systems developed and share knowledge with Juniors.
- Assess issues and provide a solution on how to fix them.
- Make sure that development is finished by the deadline.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by Management.
Applicants must be in possession of:
- An MQF Level 6 qualification or higher in the ICT field, issued by a recognized institution.
- 3+ years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience, successfully managing various complex solutions.
- Must have at least 3 years working as on Relational and Spatial Databases
- Must be confident working with SQL and large data sets;
- Must be confident working with a variety of GIS Analytic Tools
- Sound data analysis, problem resolution, team building, judgment and decision-making skills required.
- Publish standards and enforce them through pre-defined work processes.
- Understand the work processes and information needs of solution, information, technology, or enterprise architects and demonstrates the ability to collaborate with other architects and business leaders.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff.
- Knowledge of the following frameworks and programming languages will include but not limited to:
- .Net Framework;
- Proficiency in SAP, DB2, MSSQL, ETL Processes and BI Technologies will be considered an asset.
Jobsplus Permit number: 850/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or email@example.com by not later than Friday 18th February, 2022.