The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of PRV & Logging Technician on Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 6 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- Be fully knowledgeable of the pressure controlling systems and implications in network should controllers fail.
- Maintain all pressure controllers to work to exceptional standards and ensure that they run at designed steady state pressure.
- Ensure all components are properly maintained.
- Minimize downtime in the zone by carefully controlling pressures during maintenance.
- Inform immediately respective OM should a failure occur.
- Minimize all possible failures.
- Perform inspections of system components, relay results of the inspections to OM and recommend future requirements.
- Understand all logging/metering functions and the maintenance thereof.
- Ensure all data is collected successfully at least on a weekly basis to be utilized by the operations staff.
- Fully assemble a pressure control valve and a pressure sustaining valve.
- Adjust and fine-tune the operations of the valve to ensure pressure if maintained stable 24/7.
- Maintain pressure controller to ensure it functions without flaw.
- Program and install data loggers on all zones within a region.
- Download all loggers at least on a weekly basis or more frequently should the need arise.
- Ensure logged data makes sense by viewing all files after downloading and repairing on the same day should a problem be encountered.
- Ensure that all administrative duties are adhered to.
- Stick to a maintenance schedule for pressure control equipment.
- Understand to the extent of fault finding and repairing closed-loop pressure control.
- Replacing faulty zone meters, meter mechanisms, pulse emitters, dials and flow cables as required and as instructed by the Region engineer / OM.
- Periodic cleaning of zone meter strainer internals.
- Cleaning of meter, strainer and PRV chambers.
- Operate on PRV’s using valve throttling techniques to minimize downtime.
- To install pressure loggers or other related equipment at specific sites for one-off testing according to instructions given by the Region engineer / OM.
- Managing, supervising, and coordinating the works of any employees who may be assigned to his/her responsibility.
- Keeping measurements and records of work done, filling of job sheets, writing reports and performing other duties associated with the post including inputting records and reports into computerized devices.
- Being responsible for the custody and security of all materials, tools and equipment assigned.
- Being responsible to maintain an updated stock list of parts and responsible to forward requests to the region Engineer / OM for the procurement of parts to replenish stock levels.
- Operating any communications, electronic or technical devices provided, including smart phones, electronic tablets, handheld data capture devices, and workflow equipment.
- Operating with any new technology and technological devices that are deemed necessary for the job by the Corporation.
- Dealing with members of the public, contractors and other agencies in a courteous, prompt and efficient manner as the need arises.
- Liaising with other sections of the Corporation as may be required for the efficient operation of the section.
- Driving vehicles as provided by the Corporation.
- Operating in accordance with the Corporation’s Health and Safety Management System, including use of appropriate personal protective equipment, adherence to its Health and Safety policy and procedures, safety statements and site-specific risk assessments, use of safe system of work practices and dynamic risk assessments.
- Operating with due regard for the safety of oneself, fellow employees and the public.
- Coordinate with the Quality Unit in obtaining and maintaining certifications and accreditations of the Corporation and participate in internal and external audits, and peer reviews.
- Carry out effectively any other duties and responsibilities and undertake other assignments as reasonably directed by the Management.
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he / she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Region Engineer / Operations Manager. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of:
i. a VET Diploma at MQF Level 4 or Higher National Diploma Level 5 in a related field or either of the stated below:
a) VET Level 3 coupled with two (2) years experience related to technical matters.
b) Three (3) years experience related to Job description.
ii. Have a good standard of general education as would enable him/her to perform satisfactorily the duties of the post, and be fluent in reading and writing, capable of filling in job sheets, reading addresses etc.
iii. Have a good working knowledge or experience of Safety, Health and Welfare at work, including the Signage layout – including the setting up of safety equipment, barriers, cones etc.
iv. Have a good knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and be familiar with relevant legislation.
v. Be in possession of a valid driving license B.
vi. Be capable to follow an engineering drawing and network systems.
vii. Have a satisfactory working knowledge of leakage control methodologies and implications of pressure control failures.
viii. Demonstrate ability to operate in a safe manner and an ability to work well with other employees and in a team.
ix. Must be able to communicate effectively with other workers, supervisors and senior management.
x. Must be IT literate and must be capable of using specific software applications, mostly related to data loggers including PC and hand-held computer / tablet.
Jobsplus Permit number: 813/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 19th November 2021.
- Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)