The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking the services of a Professional officer – Revenue Assurance on a Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 12 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- To create and produce new designs and additions to the water metering process, including smart metering, as required from time to time to guarantee a resilient and efficient process, in line with the corporate vision of assuring continual revenue.
- Analyse and come up with new solutions for the revenue-related projects assigned.
- Manage other projects and colleagues and aid them in their problems related to revenue assurance.
- Design the specifications for the designated projects while keeping in mind efficiency and scalability.
- Maintain existing systems by liaising with other departments as necessary while ensuring the minimal downtime of any systems and the continual upkeep of revenue.
- Document the systems developed and share knowledge with peers.
- Assess issues related to revenue assurance and provide a solution on how to fix them.
- Research new technologies that will help the Corporation in reaching its targets.
- Take calculated decisions when necessary during complex project implementation or operational issues.
- The professional has the authority to take any reasonable action consistent with position objectives and responsibilities and subject to any direction given by the Chief Officer.
- Scheduling of works, which includes installation, maintenance, sampling etc., related to revenue assurance projects (which include meter replacements, smart metering installations, etc.).
- Planning with other professionals on current and upcoming projects related to revenue streams.
- Coordinate and develop policies, procedures and strategies required for the effective and efficient running of the section.
- Participate in the preparation of annual work programmes and budgets of the section, and carry out the necessary budgetary control.
- Authorise capital and recurrent expenditure for the section as in its budget according to cost-effective criteria.
- Learn to use and interpret data from the various software packages in use related to smart metering.
- Travel abroad and meet with product suppliers to certify the quality of products being procured and engage in discussions and negotiations with suppliers as necessary.
- Attend conferences related to the section’s work in order to keep abreast of current and upcoming technologies to further improve current work and revenue assurance methodologies.
- Benchmarking of various KPIs to ensure revenue assurance.
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional teams as required, consult with relevant departments, as necessary, and provide training as may be required;
- Coordinate with the Quality Unit in obtaining and maintaining certifications and accreditations of the Corporation and participate in internal and external audits, and peer reviews;
- Carry out effectively any other duties and responsibilities and undertake other assignments as reasonably directed by the Management.
Applicants must be in possession of a recognized Degree at MQF Level 6 or higher related to the respective job description, provided they meet any specified subject requirements.
Furthermore, the below are also required:
- Must be confident working out on the field with the relevant subordinates as well as meet up with clients if the need arises.
- Must be able to work independently while managing a sizeable team.
- Demonstrate ability to take criticism and follow up on any enhancements suggested.
- Must have experience managing other team members and providing constructive criticism while also indicating how they can improve.
- The candidate must show self-motivation to improve.
Jobsplus Permit number: 712/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 12th November 2021.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)