The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking the services of a Professional officer – Compliance and Administration on a Full-Time basis, for a definite period of three years, subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 12 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- To setup and manage a compliance arm within the DPU tasked with performing random inspections/collect samples from permitted entities to ensure that permit conditions and the provisions of S.L. 545.08 (or subsequent versions) are being respected & to perform investigations as required;
- To collaborate fully with the permitting arm within the DPU;
- To liaise with the WSC laboratory as regards communicating sampling and analytical requirements of investigative samples;
- To create weekly inspection schedules for subordinate Compliance Officers;
- Drive a vehicle when and as necessary.
- To perform surprise inspections on trading sewer discharge systems, including industrial, agricultural and catering and others to check for compliance to S.L. 545.08 and other Legal Notices or regulations as per schedules and/or as instructed by the Managing Professional – Discharge Permit Unit;
- To issue fines and penalties and/or initiate Court proceedings in conjunction with WSC legal office as provided by the law as authorised by the Managing Professional – Discharge Permitting;
- To analyse and use Monitoring Station Data in order to adopt a risk-based approach on surprise inspections carried out;
- To compile full and timely reports on case findings as well as other necessary paperwork involved;
- Ensure that Health and safety regulations and PPE are adhered to at all times by self and his / her subordinates.
- To maintain full confidentiality in line with the requirements stipulated in the Sewer Discharge Control Regulations, S.L. 545.08 and/or subsequent revisions;
- To manage and supervise staff under his/her responsibility in carrying out their assigned tasks efficiently, diligently whilst maintaining full confidentiality;
- To liaise with WSC legal office, the Police Department, Health Department, ERA, REWS, other government departments and court officials in order to prepare reports and give evidence in Court or in legal proceedings whenever necessary;
- Assisting the Managing Professional in the administration of the DPU section;
- To deputize in the absence of other senior Professional staff;
- To ensure that the section’s DataBase is kept constantly updated in terms of Licensee names, details and contact information, permit issue dates, inspection reports, also correct filing for easy retrieval of application forms, inspection forms;
- To issue fuel requisitions and issue reports on fuel consumption as required;
- To take an active role in the purchasing of the section including but not limited to:
- Opening of electronic files; Obtaining quotes using specifications drafted by technical staff; Perform adjudications; Issue of Purchase Orders & GRVs; Coordinating with suppliers;
- To ensure that H&S supplies and safety ware are adequately stocked;
- To ensure that DPU stores are kept well stocked and to be responsible for reordering as necessary;
- To ensure that the processing of application fee payments, updating DPU records and issuing receipts is carried out seamlessly;
- To perform monthly reconciliation of application fees received, issue reports and submit to accounts section;
- To administer & process petty cash requisitions;
- To ensure walk-ins related to applications for a Public Sewer Discharge Permit are dealt with professionally and also to communicate with clients through emails or phone as necessary;
- To ensure that Public Sewer Discharge Permits are drafted as required;
- To use the Online Inspections Solution administered by the OPM to provide feedback from DPU as regards to status of Permit for given premises as requested & liaise with Permitting arm in case of new premises;
- To participate in the vetting of requests for PA applications clearances;
- To issue monthly KPI reports as directed by the Managing Professional – Discharge Permitting;
- To prepare monthly management reports covering the operational efficiency of the section’s operations to senior staff as requested;
- To actively participate in DPU and WSC current and future projects (being either funded locally or through EU funds) in terms of reporting and administration;
- To adhere with ISO procedures & Work Instructions and participate in the constant update of such processes & documentation whilst ensuring that all employees within the DPU abide and follow official procedures.
- Carry out effectively any other duties and responsibilities and undertake other assignments as reasonably directed by the Management.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must:
- Be in possession of a recognised degree at MQF Level 6 related to Business Management or other relevant field and have a proven work record in a similar position.
- Be computer literate and have proven experience with MS Excel.
- Have good written English skills.
- Detail-oriented work style and capable of working under pressure.
- Good time management and good organizational skills.
- Must be capable of working in a highly dynamic environment with very high levels of expectation.
- Must be experienced in working within a Regulatory environment, must have ample experience in working on EU Funded projects, should be well versed in data analysis (use of MS Excel) and should also be experienced in managing staff & office coordination.
- Be in possession of a valid driving license B.
Be in possession of a clean police conduct, not older than six months from date of application.
Jobsplus Permit number: 97/2022
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or email@example.com by not later than 1st March, 2022.
The Water Services Corporation is an equal opportunities employer. Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender.