The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of Fitters on a Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 6 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- Open wastewater manholes.
- Ensure the general upkeep of WSC premises, perform cleaning of workshops, equipment and sites.
- Drive heavy vehicles such as Fork Lifters.
- Work with power tools and power washer.
- Do trenching and backfilling work.
- Perform duties such as compaction, reinstatement, tarmac cutting and pipe casing.
- Perform signage layout – including the setting up of safety equipment, barriers, cones etc.
- Installation of house connections.
- Work with jetting/suction browsers.
- Check and ensure that wastewater is flowing freely.
- Go down in sewers, sumps interceptors to check and clear any stoppages and blockages.
- Remove silt and other obstructing material and transporting same to an authorized disposal site as instructed by his superior.
- Report immediately to his superiors if any leakages of water running in the wastewater network is detected.
- Maintain the wastewater network clean in order to prevent stoppages and blockages.
- Be knowledgeable of cable location in order to ensure safety at all times.
- Lay wastewater mains – laying connections pipes with all the related skills including in preparation of connections layouts.
- Repair wastewater mains.
- Fill in job sheets and identify addresses.
- Lay special paving.
- Collect samples as and when required.
- Perform maintenance of mains’ accessories and carry out disinfection.
- Pressure testing.
- Follow a drawing.
- Pipe and valve location.
- Chamber building.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Hoisting and lowering of pipes.
- Carry out effectively any other duties and responsibilities and undertake other assignments as reasonably directed by the Management
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he/she is performing such duties, be accountable to their Team Leader and / or Operations Manager. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of a:
- Have at least a Qualification at MQF Level 4; or
- Qualification at MQF Level 3, coupled with two (2) years experience related to the job description; or
- Three (3) years experience related to the work experience;
- Be in possession of a clean police conduct not older than six (6) months from date of application.
- A valid driving license B.
Jobsplus Permit number: 769/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 14th January 2022.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)