The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of Industrial Electronics Technicians on Full-Time basis, for a Definite period of three (3) years.
The chosen candidates must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- To carry out repairs and maintenance work on all monitoring equipment used by DPU including electronic, electrical and communications;
- To perform cleaning and calibration of probes and sensors, programming, configuration of equipment as necessary;
- To carry out other works associated with the provision of electrical power supply and waste water supply to instrumentation as required;
- To carry out any electronics design and projects related to work as directed by the superiors;
- To retrieve wastewater samples from remote automated samplers and submit same to the laboratory for further analysis;
- To compile full reports on all maintenance tests, cleaning, calibrations and repairs on equipment made as instructed by superiors;
- To drive a light vehicle when and as necessary;
- To use and maintain monitoring, sampling, testing and other associated equipment in accordance to associated instructions and to keep such information in good working condition;
- To assist in keeping updated inventories of equipment both on-site and in the stores;
- To be proactive and anticipate problems before they lead to equipment failures;
- To design and implement new installations under the supervision of superiors;
- To work in Wastewater sites such as pumping stations and Sewage Treatment Plants and to take the necessary vaccinations;
- To work underground, in chambers, sumps and at heights on electrical and electronic equipment and their supporting frameworks;
- To attend to courses when and as necessary;
- To exercise due care and diligence in the execution of his / her duties and in the use of tools, equipment and vehicle entrusted to him / her;
- To be flexible, adapting to fluctuating workloads and to respond positively when situations change unexpectedly;
- To follow an approved dress code and to ensure that Health and Safety regulations and PPE are adhered to at all times;
- To safeguard the interests and assets of the Corporation;
- To abide and thoroughly work with ISO quality procedures and work instructions and in conformity with standards and regulations issued by local or foreign recognized institutions;
- To maintain strict confidentiality in carrying out his / her duties;
- To work overtime as and when required depending on work exigencies;
- To participate in EU funded projects and related activities;
- To liaise with other WSC sections and third parties as required;
- To carry out other duties as may be assigned.
The selected candidates shall, for the period during which they are performing such duties, be accountable to the Managing Professional.
Applicants must be in possession of either:
- An MQF Level 3 (In industrial Electronics) coupled with two years’ experience or
- Three years’ experience (in an industrial electronics setting).
Applicants must be in possession of a valid driving licence.
Must be flexible in ones’ approach towards work, adapt to the fluctuating workloads and respond positively when situations change unexpectedly.
Jobsplus Permit number: 466/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 15th October 2021.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)