The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of a Junior QA / QC Analyst on a Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 6 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- To perform chemical and bacteriological analytical tests in line with the sampling programmes being followed.
- To input data.
- To perform analytical/technical duties both as regards routine chemical and bacteriological tests in accordance with the relevant Standard Operating Procedures, as well as others that may be assigned by senior laboratory staff.
- To use various equipment for the necessary analysis.
- To perform sampling as per the established Standard Operating Procedures and in line with the sampling programme as defined by the Laboratory’s senior management staff.
- To carry out assigned duties in the field and to carry out certain tests and measurements in the field as directed and according to the relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- To register samples including the recording of parameters and equipment.
- To prepare test reagents, media, standards and other solutions as required and according to the relevant Standard Operating Procedures and update all relevant records and forms.
- To maintain all necessary records, forms, registers and other laboratory documentation as deemed necessary by senior laboratory staff.
- To monitor stock levels of laboratory items, chemicals and consumables.
- To undergo any kind of training related to his/her work either that organised by the Laboratory / WSC or by any other external institution.
- For the practice of Good Laboratory Practice at all times.
- For ensuring that all Laboratory Personnel abides by established Health and Safety criteria.
- For taking due care and diligence in carrying out the duties and in using the entrusted equipment.
- For the exemplary behaviour which includes abidance by the rules and regulations of the Laboratory and the WSC.
- To perform other laboratory work which may be assigned by the senior staff and which might include driving a vehicle.
- To ensure that lab analysis is carried out, in-line with interface agreements in place.
To input, record, and analyse data using several software packages, including but not limited to LIMS, Excel, SAP and also out data analysis software.
· Co-ordinate with the Quality Unit in obtaining and maintaining certifications and accreditations of the Corporation and participate in internal and external audits, and peer reviews;
- Carry out effectively any other duties and responsibilities and undertake other assignments as reasonably directed by the Management.
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he/she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Professional and/or Manager. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of:
- a VET Diploma Level 4 (this should enjoy the same parity of esteem as the Matriculation Certificate) issued by a recognized institution, or either any of the following stated below;
- VET Level 3 coupled with 2 years experience related to the job description, within the Corporation (this should enjoy the same parity of esteem as 6 Secondary Education Certificate (SEC) Subjects at Grades 1 to 5; or
- Four (4) years experience within the same field and related to the job description.
- Be in possession of an ECDL or subject to obtain the ECDL within six (6) months from the date of appointment.
- Applicant must be in possession of a valid driving license B.
- Be in possession of clean police conduct, not older than six (6) months from the date of application.
Jobsplus Permit number: 38/2022
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Monday 31st January 2022.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)
This job is Expired