The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of Professional Officer – Content Management on a Full-Time basis, for an indefinite period subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 12 months.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
|· Raising brand awareness by sharing content and monitoring web traffic and metrics with the interest of maintaining best practices.|
· The candidate will oversee all the marketing content initiatives to ensure that both customer engagement and experience are positive, as well as to ensure that brand consistency is maintained.
· Create, improve and maintain content with the aim of achieving business goals.
· Develop a content strategy that aligns with marketing targets both long term and short term.
· Collaboratively design and develop site content٫ design٫ and layout alongside design and marketing teams.
· Generate and publish engaging content.
· Edit٫ proofread and improve upon writer’s posts when necessary.
· Ensure brand consistency by communicating effectively with writers.
· Optimize content according to SEO.
· Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users’ engagement metrics.
· Increase web traffic across platforms by managing content distribution to online channels and social media.
· Keep the content team on board with an editorial calendar.
· Ensure all data and work is legally compliant (e.g. copyright protection).
· Remain informed on current developments and generate new ideas to draw the attention of the audience.
· Participate in and contribute to cross-functional teams as required, consult with relevant departments, as necessary, and provide training as may be required.
· Co-ordinate with the Quality Unit in obtaining and maintaining certifications and accreditations of the Corporation and participate in internal and external audits, and peer reviews.
· Carry out effectively any other duties and responsibilities and undertake other assignments as reasonably directed by the Management.
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he/she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Manager – Media Engagement. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of:
- a recognised degree at MQF Level 6 in Journalism, Marketing or other relevant field and have a proven work record in a similar position.
- Be computer literate and have verifiable experience with MS Office and WordPress.
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and online publishing.
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Comprehension of and familiarity with social media.
- Outstanding written English skills.
- Detail-oriented work style and capable of working under pressure.
- Time management and organizational expert.
- Expertise in content optimization and/or brand consistency would be considered an asset.
- Be in possession of a valid driving license B.
- Be in possession of clean police conduct, not older than six months from the date of application.
Jobsplus Permit number: 889/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or email@example.com by not later than Friday 21st January 2022.
- Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)