The Water Services Corporation is currently seeking employees to perform the duties of a Senior Technician on Full-Time basis, for a Definite period of three years.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to perform all the duties and responsibilities assigned to the relevant role as per below:
- To coordinate the maintenance, cleaning, calibration and upgrading of the Monitoring stations network making sure that all the stations are fully operational at all times.
- To have excellent data analysis abalities and be able to provide statistical insight in the data produced by the Monitoring Stations network.
- To manage, supervise and lead a team of technicians and to prepare work schedules and planners.
- To monitor and relay data received from Monitoring Stations network and perform routine analysis / validation on Monitoring stations data and coordinate with superiors on action to be taken in relation to enforcement inspections.
- To carry out other works associated with the provision of electrical power supply and waste water supply to instrumentation as required.
- To retrieve wastewater samples from remote automated samplers and submit same to the laboratory for further analysis.
- To compile full reports on maintenance tests, cleaning, calibrations and repairs on equipment made as well as any other necessary paperwork.
- To drive a light vehicle when and as necessary.
- To be responsible for purchasing of all tools, spares and parts necessary for maintaining the equipment under his / her responsibility.
- To anticipate problems before they lead to equipment failures.
- To supervise the design and implementation of new installations by subordinates.
- To work in Wastewater sites such as pumping stations and Sewage treatment plants.
- To work underground, in chambers, sumps and at heights on electrical and electronic equipment and their supporting frameworks.
- To train other employees as necessary.
- To liaise with other sections and third parties as required.
- To carry out other duties as may be assigned.
- The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he / she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Managing Professional. Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of an:
- MQF Level 4 (In industrial Electronics) coupled with three years’ experience; or
- Six years’ experience (in an industrial electronics setting).
- An ECDL Advanced Spreadsheet module (minimum).
- A valid driving licence.
Jobsplus Permit number: 188/2021
Applications are to be sent to the ‘Human Resources Department, Water Services Corporation, Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043’, or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Wednesday June 18th 2021.
Ps. (Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender)